Make A Wish
Make-A-Wish's® mission is to grant wishes to kids with life-threatening medical conditions and to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. The team at Build for Love plans to honor and support this incredible organization by creating a beautiful outdoor space at their Northeastern California and Northern Nevada Chapter's Wishing Place. This space would not only provide a magical place for wish reveals for new Wish Children, but would also house a special memorial garden for past Wish Children who we have lost. This memorial area will be a one of a kind place where families of these children can come to remember their child's wish experience.
This chapter serves 37 counties and owns one of only five permanent Make-A-Wish® chapter buildings throughout the US, providing meeting and event space for other chapters, as well.
Breakdown of Project Work:
- Prep already demo'd area (it's mainly bare dirt with stubbed up irrigation now)/finish grade work/adapting drainage
- Pavers Patios and Pathways: installing/compacting base material, installing pavers
- Water feature and Seat Wall: pouring footings, installing block and cap. Water feature will need plumbing, electrical and finish work
- Install drip irrigation
- Install play structure with bark and benderboard
- Install 3 post traingular shade sail over play structure
- Install lighting
- Install sound system